What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words "you have cancer”?
This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s new research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
The study is open to anyone who:
- Is between 30 and 65 years old
- Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
Get answers to frequently asked questions about CPS-3 here.
– Study participant
Enrollment is being brought to the community at locations throughout New York City. Select your bourough above for dates and locations. More information on events in Brooklyn and Queens will be coming soon. To schedule your appointment, find the enrollment location most convenient for you and click on the name of the location.
- Read and sign an informed consent form
- Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors related to your health.
- Have your waist circumference measured
- Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit – 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be drawn by a trained, certified phlebotomist.
Upon completion of these steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
If you are not eligible to enroll, be an advocate for Cancer Prevention Study-3. Encourage those close to you to take part in this potentially life-saving study in your honor. Spread the word to everyone you know - help us enroll as many area participants as possible. Tweet the following link on Twitter or post a Facebook status update. cps3nyc.org
Special thanks to our media partner: